Monday, September 26, 2016

Fall Drive - September 25, 2016

I took Sunday off - since Don had surgery scheduled for early Monday morning I didn't want to end up with a late late shift - and we did our Fall Drive.  This takes us from Ashton over to Flagg Ranch - north of Jackson.  Well - in years past it has!  They had closed the road earlier because of the fire over by Flagg Ranch and we just assumed it had been re-opened - it hadn't.  

Oh well.  We picked Kris, Emilie and Bentley up a bit after 7 am and headed out.  Bentley is always ready to go!!

 
We drive north - and when we almost get to Ashton - we make a right and head east.  

The first few miles of the drive is across farmland - fields of potatoes and grain - before we get to the forest part.  And here at one of the farms we find a few Turkeys!!  Yeah - I'm pretty sure they aren't "wild" turkeys - but I had to have some photos anyway!!



Just down the road stands a forgotten home.


I always hope for animals on this trip but it's mostly about the scenery - but we did see alot of Mule Deer this time.


Lots of Fall color - we came at just the right time!!






That bird you can see in the tree is a Turkey Vulture - we didn't get close enuf for great shots of him so I won't check him off the list just yet. 
 



Another Mule Deer.



A stop at the lily pad covered - Indian Lake.




More fall color.




We always stop for a shot of South Boone Creek.



Then it's a stop for Loon Lake.  It was beautiful this day.







More Mule Deer - this one had twins!!



I don't know what these plants are but there's one spot that's just covered with it.  Very pretty!!




And we always stop here but for the life of me I can't think of the name of it so I cheated and looked back on last years photos since I ALWAYS take a photo of it - Cascade Creek!



And it wasn't too far down the road we finally found the barricades and had to turn around.  Bummer.  So we went from Ashton over to Tetonia/Driggs/Victor and over the mountain to Jackson.  Shot this at probably 55 mph -


We got some good Fall shots of the Tetons - from near and far.





And a nice herd of Bison posing in front of the Tetons.


We could only find these Moose north of Kelly - I say "these" but didn't get a shot of the mother.

  
Here's those people we picked up early in the morning for the ride - Kris, Emilie and Bentley.

  
 And I ended the day the same way it began - a shot of Bentley.


Now we just have to get Don healed up from his surgery he had this morning.  Back to work for me on Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment