Friday, May 27, 2016

Market Lake - May 27, 2016

Had the car all loaded yesterday morning - went to get gas in the car and there's that darn Check Tire light on.  So I stopped by and Don checked it and said I better take it in since it keeps doing it.  So after about an hour there I was finally on my way - I was heading for the interstate to go to Market Lake. 

And the phone rings.  

And I answered it.  

Yes, I have caller ID but I didn't have that many hours at WinCo this week and they had 8 hours available if I wanted them.  So I said yes and came home and unloaded the car.  

But I made it out to Market Lake this morning.  Went and checked the Burrowing Owl first.  And I finally got some photos of him on the ground!


When he's sitting like that he looks quite plump!


I tho't he was going to fall asleep - he kept closing his eyes - but then some noise would get his attention and he'd open his eyes again.  


He sure watches the sky sometimes - I couldn't see anything up there.


Then he had to work on his feet a bit.



I finally left him as a pickup came from the other direction and went to check the trees.

Found the Long-eared Owls - the kids and one adult.



And I also saw one kid and one adult of the Great Horned Owl family.



Saw lots of other birds - some got their photo taken - some didn't.  Spied the Sandhill Cranes and their little one way out in the grass and the Short-eared Owl was out flying around in his usual area.  

Glad I had the time to go!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment