Wednesday, November 16, 2016

TWO Little Saw Whets!!!

Another day off - I had every intention of getting up and going up to Market Lake this morning but that getting home at midnight takes its toll on this old gal!

Don and I got a wild hair today and cleaned out the cupboards.  Stuff in there that neither one of us could remember buying!!  I remembered my friend - Patti Pickett - had said she was going to run up to Market Lake in hopes of seeing the Saw Whet so I sent her a message to see if she'd had any luck.  She had found a Saw Whet and said she'd stick around and show me so I loaded up the car as fast as I could and headed north. 

Much to my surprise Patti had found a "new" Saw Whet.  This is NOT the same one I'd been seeing.  But lucky for us we had a great view of this one!


 And you had to be quick - they seem to get bored easily with us!


And I could get a shot of those feet - something I'd been wanting to "see" better.


Patti headed for home and I continued looking thru the trees.  Knowing this was NOT the Saw Whet I'd been seeing I was in hopes of finding a second one.  There were a few Great Horned Owls and this one was in best view.


And I spied a Squirrel who seemed to be spying on me.


I'm headed back to the car - I'd already stopped by the Saw Whet and got a few more shots again - when what do I spy ahead of me??  

Yup.  A 2nd Saw Whet!!
 



Walked around the other side of the tree and I am pretty sure this is the same Saw Whet that I've been seeing.


I wish you guys could see how small they really are!  And I can't believe how lucky we are to have them around!

Here's a closer shot -


And he's bored with me too!
 

I walked back down to see the other one before I headed for home -

  
Yup - still Cute as can be!  How will I ever be able to stay away all Winter???

No comments:

Post a Comment